We build AI software and digital forensics tools to analyse misinformation. Our team of dedicated fact-checkers work in tandem with our tech to help the public separate facts from falsehoods.
Logically is a diverse team of data scientists, writers, fact-checkers, investigators and developers; using Extended Intelligence to improve today’s fractured media landscape. We have made it our mission to address the structural challenges of the digital information age, unregulated platforms and put a stop to ‘fake news’.
We rely on information to make the meaningful decisions that affect our lives, but the nature of the internet means that false news reaches more people faster than ever before. Our services and tools are built to better todays fractured information ecosystem. We tackle misinformation using
Logically employs the world's largest dedicated fact-checking team-working together with AI to provide rigorous, evidence-based fact checks.
Our Image verification API's are built to highlight manipulated imagery and extract text from images in order to stop the spread of harmful misinformation.
Logically's ensemble machine learning models are constantly and iteratively evaluated to improve their efficacy. We benchmark the performance of our AI against our diverse, human annotation team, to **eliminate the typical challenges associated with crowdsourcing data.
Our AI uses Natural Language Processing to cluster indicators of misinformation to determine the credibility of content.
Utilising metadata analysis to assess the credibility of sources.
The anonymous nature of internet-based platforms allows malicious actors to spread computational propaganda. Their effects have shaken democracies, provoked public health epidemics and induced lethal violence. Our services are designed to detect, monitor and deploy countermeasures to mitigate risks posed by disinformation.
Our investigators use a suite of advanced Open Source Intelligence tools to map malicious information flows through social media and across the Internet - tracing and attributing viral and memetic disinformation campaigns to malicious actors or groups.
OSINT - Our skilled investigators use a suite of advanced Open Source Intelligence tools to monitor and map malicious information flows through and between social media platforms and across the wider Internet.
Attribution - We are able to trace and attribute viral and memetic disinformation campaigns to malicious actors or groups.
We use a variety of Social Media Intelligence tools to detect and monitor automated (bot) accounts, cyborg accounts, and other coordinated user disinformation strategies.
Our investigations team develop strategic communications plans and deploy countermeasures to mitigate the risks posed by disinformation during critical events such as democratic elections.
War Rooms, Countermeasures Strat Comm, Platform Coordination
It's never been easier to dupe the public with manipulated content. From Instagram filters that dramatically change the look of a landscape, text written by AI and Deepfakes that allow you to be anyone-synthetic content's pervasive spread affects us all. We build technology that helps you demystify synthetic content.
Logically build machine learning models capable of identifying the increasing use of Deepfake technologies.
Our AI can determine whether a piece of text has been written by a human or using Natural Language Generation AI.
We use Natural Language Generation to contextualise verified information and remove the barriers to navigating today's convoluted information ecosystem.
Processing too much information can be counterproductive and it's a common occurrence while on the internet. Our tools are built to help businesses and individuals separate the wheat from the chaff.
We use Artificial intelligence to give Logically users a concise summary of the facts for each news story, without spin, slant or bias.
Our advanced machine learning and clustering methods can trace an event's coverage from it's very beginnings to the most recent article.
Our team of dedicated fact-checkers and OSINT specialists bring clarity to today's labyrinthine digital ecosystems.
Exposure to diverse perspectives is vital for fostering critical thinking and developing informed decisions, but today algorithm-based platforms choose the content that you see based on what you like. Persistent exposure to belief-confirming content can result in a narrow-minded view of the world or a problem. That's why we build tools to improve civic discourse and facilitate critical thinking.
Our AI picks out the most divergent viewpoints from publishers across the political spectrum.
Our machine learning algorithms are capable of determining political bias within text.
Our advanced AI uses a combination of domain, metadata and content analysis to provide an accurate credibility rating.
Over 700k Sentences annotated, articles
Logically awarded ‘New Asian Business of the Year’
Logically detect over 40,000 unreliable articles during Indian General Election
Logically partner with Mumbai Cyber Police ahead of Maharashtra Elections
CEO Lyric Jain Hosts TED Talk.
Logically named finalist for Mayor of London’s Tech Challenge
Logically Browser Extension Selected for #BuildForCovid Global Hackathon
Browser Extension Launched
Logically App launched in the U.S.
Improve Civic discourse and facilitate Critical thinking by:
- Providing insight into and analysis of the news.
- Guiding people away from echo chambers and filter bubbles, and exposing them to different beliefs, ideas and perspectives.
- Placing credibility and context at the heart of digital news approaches.
Foster web literacy by providing future generations with an awareness of:
- Ownership of and right to control their data.
- The economics of content online.
- How to access rigorous, trustworthy information.
Provide individuals and professionals with the tools to face the challenges of the misinformation ecosystem by:
- Detecting various degrees of misinformation.
- Classifying these instances.
- Recording them so as to create a long-term picture of their evolution.
- Monitoring the forces that shape news coverage, and educate people about these dynamics.
Recognise the constantly-evolving nature of the misinformation ecosystem, and adapt to the challenges this poses.
- We are politically conscious, but scrupulously nonpartisan
- We believe in the necessity of a free and independent media
- We are transparent about our interests, and declare potential conflicts
- Our commercial interests will never undermine our editorial independence
- We do things because we should, not just because we can
- We will not let our technology develop beyond our understanding of its ethical implications
- We are collegial, respectful, inclusive, and collaborative in our work
- We are truthful with our users and partners, and respect their autonomy, their intelligence and their good faith
- We are clear, we are precise, we say what we mean and are prepared to stand by it
- We adhere at all times to the highest standards of evidence based reasoning, of rational argument and of intellectual honesty
- We respect expertise, and support the efforts of experts to effectively communicate their work
- We always welcome constructive criticism, from any source, on any subject
- We question our assumptions, we question our values, we question our friends and we question ourselves
- We do not pretend that we have no individual biases; instead, we work to challenge them, change them and mitigate their effects
- We are pragmatists; we work on the basis that an idea, a tool or a technology is only valuable to the extent that it is useful
- We create impact by empowering people with technology, not by replacing them with it