After recovering from COVID-19, Bappi Lahiri returned home on April 11, 2021. He is active on social media. The rumors of his death are untrue.
In April 2021, Bappi Lahiri was admitted to Mumbai's Breach Candy hospital after testing positive for COVID-19. His son told the media that his father was responding well to medicine and was in good health and that the singer/composer was cheerful and eager to get home.
Several celebrities such as Lata Mangeshkar and Lalit Pandit wished him a speedy recovery, according to the Times of India. NDTV reports that Bappi's spokesperson said the singer was infected with the virus even after taking all precautions and undergoing excellent and expert care.
On April 11, he was discharged from the hospital. On Instagram, the 68-year-old announced that he had recovered from COVID-19 and had returned home from the hospital. Bappi expressed his appreciation to the hospital's medical staff and his fans who had wished him a speedy recovery in his post. Since then, he has remained active on Instagram. There are no credible reports that he has died.