<img src="https://trc.taboola.com/1321591/log/3/unip?en=page_view" width="0" height="0" style="display:none">
Fact Check Library

Fact Check with Logically.

Download the Free App Today

true
true

CLAIM ID

6796e0c4

The Centre has asked the Supreme Court to hand over the Sushant Singh Rajput case to the CBI.

Solicitor General Tushar Mehta told the Supreme Court on August 5, 2020, that the government has accepted to order a CBI probe in the actor's death.

On August 5, 2020, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta informed the Supreme Court that the Centre had accepted the Bihar government’s recommendation to initiate an inquiry by the Central Bureau of Investigation into the death of the actor Sushant Singh Rajput. The actor was found dead in his apartment in Mumbai on June 14, in what the police said was a case of suicide.

The apex court also heard a petition filed by actor Rhea Chakraborty, seeking a transfer of the first information report filed against her from Patna to Mumbai. Mehta made the submission during the hearing of the plea by actor Rhea Chakraborty. The court has asked the parties involved to file their response in three days. It has also ordered the Maharashtra government to apprise the court of the stage of investigation by Mumbai Police into Rajput’s death.

On August 4, 2020, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said that the state’s director-general of police spoke to Rajput’s father, KK Singh, who gave his approval for a CBI inquiry.

Have a question or correction?

Please tell us if you think this claim had been misjudged or requires correction by sending us evidence to support your error claim. We will revisit our evidence and verdict and do some additional research to double check if we can verify the new information

Fact Check of the Day

false

The Arizona election audit found tens of thousands of illegitimate ballots.