Banner Health experts warn against self-medication to prevent or treat COVID-19 after a man from Arizona dies from consuming chloroquine phosphate.
The wife told NBC News that they consumed chloroquine phosphate in an attempt to protect themselves from contracting the coronavirus. Within thirty minutes of ingestion, the couple experienced immediate effects requiring admittance to a nearby hospital.
The COVID-19 pandemic has given rise to a lot of potentially dangerous misinformation. For reliable advice on COVID-19 including symptoms, prevention and available treatment, please refer to the World Health Organisation or your national healthcare authority.